UPCOMING WEBINARS…SEATS ARE LIMITED
Actions Speak Louder Than Words:
Behavioral Manifestations of Common Medical Conditions in People with IDD
Karen Green McGowan, RN, CDDN
Craig Escudé, MD, FAAFP
Many people with IDD communicate pain and other ailments through their behavior. To the unaware provider, this may result in treatment of a perceived behavioral issue rather than the underlying medical issue that may be the cause of the behavior. This presentation will provide participants with common behaviors that should prompt a medical evaluation. Specific behaviors and common medical conditions that they may indicate will be discussed in a case study format.
- Identify common behaviors that may indicate medical causes in people with IDD.
- Correlate behaviors with potential medical causes.
- Understand specific medical work-ups that should be considered when certain behaviors present.
Wed, Mar 14, 2018
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST
Qualifies for 2 CEUs for RNs and LPNs
- $25 for 2 CEUs*
- $15 without CEUs
Payment will be required before we confirm registration. Registrations unpaid after three days will be canceled.
Some feedback from past attendees
- “Presenter was great and engaging”
- “Presenter’s stories add to the learning experience”
- “Very thorough and appropriate to DD population we serve”
- “Goal directed”
- “This was awesome!”
- “We could have spent a month on this and I would not have been bored”