UPCOMING WEBINARS…SEATS ARE LIMITED
Dual Diagnosis in IDD:
Simplifying the Complexities
Paid Webinar Presented by:
Karen Green McGowan, RN, CDDN-E
Craig Escudé, MD, FAAFP
Diagnosing mental health conditions in people with IDD can be quite challenging. People with IDD are often put on psychotropic medications, some of which may have serious side effects, without a specified mental illness diagnosis just to treat behaviors that are deemed problematic. With verbal communication often limited, clinicians must rely more on observation and the reports of others to help identify behaviors that could be an indication of an underlying mental health or medical condition. This presentation will focus on different signs and indicators of mental health conditions that can aid in proper diagnosis and treatment for people with IDD.
- Contrast mental illness diagnosis in people with and without IDD.
- Explain different approaches to diagnosing various mental health disorders in IDD.
- Demonstrate awareness of potential medical or dental underlying causes of behavioral issues.
Wed, Mar 30, 2018
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
Qualifies for 2 CEUs for RNs and LPNs
- $25 for 2 CEUs*
- $15 without CEUs
Note: Payment will be required before we confirm registration. Registrations unpaid after three days will be canceled.
Some feedback from past attendees
- “Presenter was great and engaging”
- “Presenter’s stories add to the learning experience”
- “Very thorough and appropriate to DD population we serve”
- “Goal directed”
- “This was awesome!”
- “We could have spent a month on this and I would not have been bored”